Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Shipping container on its way to Haiti!

Hello all,
So some of you know that I have been working with the Director of Chances for Children to get a shipping container filled and loaded and on its way to Haiti before I leave for my trip. Well, it FINALLY HAPPENED! Praise God! Many adoptive families and friends and relatives donated money to pay for the shipping container, many others helped fill it with school supplies and other much needed items for the orphanage and medical supplies for the village clinic by shipping supplies to me or by sending money to purchase specific items and a local school district gave us the donation of school desks and chairs for the new village school in Haiti. An incredible group of high schoolers from the youth group at my church loaded all the desks and chairs into the container. Yesterday at about 9:30 a.m. I was able to close the doors on the container and send it off. It should arrive in Haiti around the end of July or beginning of August. The contents of the container will be blessing 1000's of lives in this small country and tiny village. It was a bit stressful at times and even the best laid plans can get tossed out the window, but MY GOD IS A GREAT BIG GOD and His will prevailed! Thank you all for being faithful and obedient to the Lord. I will post some pictures.

No comments: