Monday, July 7, 2008

And so the adventure in Haiti begins...

After 36 hours of travel and 400+ lbs. of baggage and how many miles??? we made it to Haiti! It was a very busy first day. It is so great to see the boys! Mario and Wakin bonded immediately and he has already given Mario a run for his money:-) Gualege knows the rules when 'mama' is around and has matured quite a bit. He tells Wakin to do something when Wakin doesn't listen to me the first time. So cute to watch them. This is such an incredible opportunity for me to spend with the boys.

So after unpacking some, and a dip in Mommie Duncan's pool, I met with the 3 other teachers who will be working with me. It went well and they know the game plan for the first day. That is tomorrow, so please pray that it will go well. I have some preparations to do before I hit the sack so this first post is short but sweet. A great start already....

9 comments:

AprilC said...

So glad you posted...GOOD LUCK....on your first day! See you soon!

Melissa said...

Good luck Elizabeth! I am glad that you are there safe! Give my kids a hug from me. I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Jenn said...

Glad to hear you made it safe!
:)
jenn

Amy and girls said...

Hugs and Kisses- High-five to Wakin for teaching Papa the ropes! God's blessings as you begin. We love you!

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

I'm so happy that you arrived safely and that you are enjoyng time with your sweet boys!! Look forward to reading more posts!

Manny said...

Hey Guys, so glad you made it out there safely. Tell my nephews their Uncle Manuel loves them. I cant wait to meet them and to teach them how to fish. I will say a prayer for your safe return and for you to bring the boys home soon.

Love
Manny

Manny said...

Can I attach photos somehow to my post? I want to send photos of the girls for the boys to have.

Uncle Manuel

Manny said...

Hey you guys, I'm glad you got there safe. we will keep praying for all of you. ~Susie