Saturday, June 7, 2008

Welcome!

Thank you for reading. My husband Mario and I are in the process of adopting our sons from Haiti. Our adoption agency, International Child Foundation, linked us to Chances4children which is the U.S. agency that provides the financial and strategic support for Fondacion Enfant Jesus. FEJ is the organization in Haiti that runs the Creche (orphanage), the village school (Ecole deL'Enfant Jesus) as well as many other community programs. I wanted to help this country in the areas that I feel are crucial to their survival and advancement - Education. This is something that many of us Americans take for granted daily, but is such a luxury yet a necessity to the Haitian people. I will be running a summer enrichment camp for 100 of the village school children. Every morning the students will come to the village school to rotate through four classes daily: cooking, gardening, jewelry and crafts and bible stories. In the afternoons, I will be holding a teacher training for the village school teachers to provide them additional methods to enhance their teaching and the student learning. I will be staying at the Creche and will be able to see my boys every day! The Creche preschool teacher will also be taking the older kids to participate in the summer camp! The preschool teacher and I will also be holding an adult Bible study. I am so very excited for all of these opportunities that God has provided me. I hope you will follow my journey by reading the blog daily, communicating with me while I'm there and praying for me. I will try to post nightly and update photos and video clips as often as possible.

3 comments:

AprilC said...

Awesome Eliz...I can't wait to follow your journey!

Claddagh Cookie Shop said...

I love you Elizabeth! I would consider it an honor to pray you through this incredible journey! My family will be lifting you up! Go girl! What an awesome ministry!

Beth said...

Elizabeth, I can't wait to read all about your experiences this summer & I look forward to meeting you in late July!! We'll definitely be praying for you.

Beth (Mackenley's mommy)