Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HUGE Blessings!

So the yard sale on Saturday was not as profitable as I had hoped. But I think that God already had a way arranged for me to get the resources I need for my summer programs and to help with the container. The next day at church my Pastor had arranged for me to present my trip to the church body. My good friend made prayer cards for me to hand out at church. After I presented, the Pastor handed me a check for $500, another $200 in creole bibles and then as I was handing out prayer cards and filling people in on the details of my trip after service, many people handed me money to help with the purchases - a total of $400. And that's not all! The church included a list of supplies in the bulletin that I had submitted. Today - barely Tuesday, I have almost all the supplies I need for the summer programs! God is faithful in every way. He has so richly blessed me with an abundance of resources to take to the Haitian Village School. I cannot wait to see the faces of these precious children when they come to class and experience for the first time what many here in the US experience every day. I am so excited to tell them about my God that provided all of it for them through His faithful people.

4 comments:

cfh said...

Good Deal! I am proud of you lil' sis! God has a plan for everyone of His children and He will see you through His for you as you travel through your journey.

The Compian Family said...

We are so excited for you! We will be praying for you and the Haitian people especially the boys and those you will be working with at the school. I pray now that their hearts would eagerly receive the Good News of salvation in Christ. I too pray that they would be encouraged by His love for them as you attempt in obedience to meet their needs. Hugs

Beth said...

It's always amazing & humbling to witness God's timely provisions. I'm thrilled to hear about all the support you are receiving!

:o)

Kelsen Family said...

What an awesome God we have!! I love hearing and seeing the amazing things He can do! Think of you often and will keep you in our prayers. I love seeing how you are allowing the Lord to use you in so many ways.