Thursday, June 19, 2008

and another thing...

So amidst the planning and packing, I am also helping to get a 40' shipping container loaded and on its way to Haiti. This container will hold 300 school desks and chairs (donated by Moorpark Unified School District) for the new village school being built near the orphanage, 500 school supply bags for the students of the village school, medical supplies, and other misc. supplies needed at the orphanage. An amazing group of people have given their time and resources to get this project 'floating'. We are scheduled to load it on Saturday, June 28 at the district wharehouse. I am having a yard sale this Saturday to try to raise some more money to help pay for the container. It is truly amazing what God can do when His people are obedient to His call. I am going to take lots of pictures and I will post them here but if you would like to see for yourself first hand and also be a part of this incredible effort let me know by posting a comment and I'll get you the details. I can't wait to show the village kids the pictures of all that is being done here to help THEM because THEY MATTER to us.

No comments: